Navigate by clicking on any of the links, or use the search tools to select a category or topic that relates to your interests.
Articles listed by Date, or choose Search at right
- Troubleshooting Powerpoints (Adobe Presentations) that use Flash May 26, 2020
- Record Your Webcam to Canvas Studio from a Laptop April 24, 2020
- Converting old videos to web-ready formats using “Handbrake” November 18, 2019
- How to Post a Calendar Event to the USF Portal October 4, 2019
- How to Submit a Video to a Canvas Assignment with Canvas Studio September 11, 2019
Articles alphabetized by title. Use the search field to find a specific article.For Students
- An Infographic to Avoid Plagiarism August 6, 2019 Refer to the infographic below on how to make your work original with appropriate citations that avoid the dangers of plagiarism in violation of academic integrity.
- Checking Grades in Canvas April 6, 2016 For students, the following screencast shows you how to navigate to grades for both the whole course and for individual assignments, using a hypothetical student, “John Adams” as a tour guide of sorts.
- Compressing your video on your smart phone February 10, 2017 Note: Previous information that stated you could upload your video to Canvas from your smartphone was wrong. Students do not yet have that right. These amended directions will show you that compressing your video on your phone to a manageable ...
- Converting old videos to web-ready formats using “Handbrake” November 18, 2019 If you have old videos that were shot on camcorders using outdated formats (e.g., VHS or hi-8) and then digitized into your computer, they may not be playable if they are in old unrecognizable formats. A free utility called “Handbrake” ...
- DocViewer in Canvas September 18, 2017 The “DocViewer” is the tool that enables instructors to annotate students papers, submitted as assignments, using the SpeedGrader. See the 2-minute demonstration.