Here are the most important Zoom operations you should know.
- Authenticate properly into Zoom.
- Make sure your students authenticate into Zoom by importing “USF Zoom Authentication” from Canvas Commons into your course.
- Take attendance Using the Canvas attendance tool, and use the “virtual attendee” digital badge in case contract tracing for COVID is warranted.
- When you need to check attendance, go to the Zoom instance in your course, select Previous Meetings, and click on the number of those attending. You will get a list of names.
- Schedule a meeting from the Zoom command within your course menu. Then direct the students to the Zoom course menu to see the meeting.
- Record your Zoom meetings, if necessary, “to the Cloud,” but be mindful that you have a 20 GB ceiling. That should be plenty, but the day will come when you need to either remove or download those recordings to clear space.
Was this helpful?
1 / 0