Teaching & Professional Growth sponsored this brown bag seminar on the use of technology in the classroom, real or virtual, on September 27th. This is the recording which includes a lively discussion between faculty and TSC specialists Christine Marks and Glen Gummess.
The brown bag topics included discussion and on-screen demonstrations of:
- Recording digital lectures on Zoom and automatically storing them on Canvas Studio.
- Installing Microsoft Office 365 on students’ computers (except for Google Chrome devices).
- Using Turnitin “Draft Coach” in Microsoft Word online as a means for students to check for plagiarism in advance.
- Where to find resources on the Tech Support Website (such as the Turnitin Draft Coach).
- Changing the default submission (due date or turn-in time) from 11:59 pm to anything you want.
- Migrating a “classic” quiz to New Quizzes
- Where to report a technical problem in the Portal.
- Zoom Whiteboards as stand-alone learning tools.
- Options for faculty-led professional development of educational technology tools.
We hope you enjoy this and find it illuminating! Best viewed in wide screen mode.
Was this helpful?
0 / 0